Welcome to the Cushman Foundation:
PLEASE REVIEW THE GUIDELINES BELOW AND USE YOUR NEW CREDENTIALS PROVIDED DURING THE ORIENTATION SESSION WHEN APPLYING
The Cushman Foundation has been quietly supporting the San Diego community for 30 years. The Cushman Foundation continues to give back to the city that has supported their family for six generations by providing grants to a diversified array of community and humanitarian endeavors with a goal of bringing about constructive change and promoting human welfare. This exciting program continues the Cushman Foundation's commitment to fund organizations which support underserved individuals by providing much-needed services in diverse communities throughout San Diego County.
- Your organization is registered with the IRS as a 501(c)(3).
- Your organization’s fundraising and business development costs do not exceed 20% of your overall budget.
- You are requesting a grant for work to be done strictly in the San Diego region. Your organization’s location and proposed program services must be within San Diego region.
- Religious organizations are okay that do not actively seek to proselytize.
- Cushman Foundation will not fund organizations that discriminate in regard to disabilities, age, gender, race, ethnic origin, religion or sexual orientation.
- Cushman Foundation Making a Difference for San Diego does not support grantmaking in the following areas:
- Animal welfare
- Athletic events, tournaments or programs
- Capital campaigns and endowments
- Fundraising events or galas
- General operating expenses
- Individual personal endeavors
- Non-educational arts programs
- Social events