Welcome to the Cushman Foundation Grant Application
It is the philosophy of the Cushman Foundation to have a sense of social responsibility and to honor obligations to the communities in which business is conducted.
The Cushman Foundation supports a diversified array of community and humanitarian endeavors with a goal of bringing about constructive change and promoting human welfare.
It is the general policy of the Cushman Foundation to support charities that do not receive national funding. Smaller grants are awarded to reach more people in the community.
The major areas of focus are:
- Support for victims of domestic violence
- Aid to seniors
- Programs improving health and well being
- Under-funded education programs
- The Cushman Foundation funds only not-for-profit institutions and organizations that are recognized as having tax-exempt status under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)3.
- All grants to benefit qualifying charitable organizations in the greater San Diego area.
- The Foundation does not generally fund sports tournaments, galas, capital campaigns, or fund-raising events.
- The Foundation will not fund organizations that discriminate in regards to disabilities, age, gender, race, ethnic origin, religion or sexual orientation.
- The Foundation does NOT generally support:
- Animal welfare
- Non-educational arts programs
- Athletic events or programs
- Capital campaigns and endowments
- Political activities
- Religious institutions
- Social events
- Technology or research
- Individual personal endeavors
- General operating expenses